- Supports the Common Core State Standards
- Research Based/Brain Based
- Teaching Skills Through Read Alouds
- Comprehension on a Higher Level
- Justifying Answers Through Text
- Text to Text Connections
- Emphasis on Problem Solving and Place Value
- Greater Depth/Less Breadth
- Differentiated Instruction
- Creative Centers
- Small Group Instruction
- Common Core State Standards (CCSS) Official Website
- Mentoring Minds CCSS
- Live Binders CCSS
- NY CCSS (Great information for all)
Literacy and the Common Core State Standards
This Common Core workshop includes strategies, activities, and games that will enhance and add rigor to our reading lessons. It will also allow us to differentiate instruction so we are meeting the needs of all of our students.
Math and the Common Core State Standards
From kindergarten up, we can build a foundation in math by giving students a variety of strategies that encourage them to visualize, justify and explain their thinking. All the math we learn in the lower grades is so we can use math to solve problems in real life situations.
Hands-On Math and Reading Strategies and Activities to Complement the Common Core State Standards
The Common Core State Standards define what all students are expected to know, but not how to teach it. In this workshop teachers will learn about activities and strategies that will complement what they are already doing, to bring their students to a higher level of thinking in math and reading.